Monday 30 January 2012

Leap Into Spring...

The spring catwalks have really been getting me excited, I don’t think I’ve felt this way about the spring catwalks before. Pastels are back on the catwalks for the first time in a while. Personally I can’t pull off a lot of pastel as I have the wrong skin colouring for them so I’ll be working them into my accessories instead. Popular shades were mint, peach, pale yellow, parma violet and powder blue. As seen at Louis Vuitton and Johnathan Saunders.


There is a great 20’s theme coming through on the catwalks possibly influenced by movies such as ‘The Artist’ and ‘The Great Gatsby’ (which is out later this year). So drop waists and Vintage styles are having a serious moment. Make it modern by adding bright accessories, or rocking it up with leather for a tougher feel. I’ll be pulling out my now vintage drop waist black lace and working out how to make it fit the new trends. The dress also ticks off another trend box for spring, Lace, so i can multitask while looking fashionable!


Colour is another trend I’ll be embracing. Colour has been having a moment since last season with the bright coloured jeans that came in to brighten our way through the dark winter months. Swap berry shades for the brighter blood orange (an orange red shade that flatters most skin tones)or magenta and indigo for Cobalt blue, which I fell in love with when I saw this picture from the Elie Saab Catwalk, J’Adore!


Metallic pieces sashayed down the catwalk at Christopher Kane, Chanel and Alexander McQueen, and this trend can easily be incorporated into anyone’s style. Whether you choose a long shimmery maxi, silver clutch or just metallic make up have fun with it. Maybe incorporate a metallic tee into the 90’s grunge trend that is emerging or go for that Gastby glamour as seen at Ralph Lauren with lightly shimmering neutrals.


I’ll leave you with that food for thought while I go raid my closet to make a list of items I’ll be coveting this spring.

What spring trends do you love for 2012? And how will you be wearing them?

Emmie xo

Please note I do not own the rights to these images for links of where I got them from visit my pinterest board - http://pinterest.com/emmielouloves/ss12/

1 comment :

  1. A very successful post. Loving the trend you posted about girl, you're getting fab at this blogging shindig.

    I tagged you in a question post if you fancy giving it a go:

    http://functionalmisfit.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged-by-beautiful-lady.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...