Monday 4 February 2013

Spring Summer 13 Trends : Part 1

With the sales over and the new seasons trends starting to come into the shops I’ve had a go at breaking down the SS13 London catwalks into the trends I spotted and will probably be coveting this coming season.

Sheer
L-R Christopher Kane, House Of Holland, Temperley London, Erdem

Sheer panelling seemed to be everywhere to me and I will admit I always will love it as a trend as it can carry you through seasons and add a touch of girlishness without being frilly. It can lighten up a heavy garment and if the fabric is right give you an ethereal floaty look. For SS it has been used to add length without heaviness and to give a degree of coverage to peek-a-boo styles.

Yellow
L-R Erdem, Issa London, Jenny Packham, Meadham Kirchoff

I don’t know why but yellow seemed to jump out at me on the Spring-Summer catwalks. Its bright and cheerful and came in shades between lemon sorbet to sunflower. Depending on your skin tone depends on if you can wear this shade as you could end up looking ill. If yellow is a tone you know you can’t pull off consider using it to accessorise rather than as a clothing item, this is what I will be doing.

Shorts
L-R Paul Smith, Sass and Bide, Matthew Williamson, Zoe Jackson

Always wanting to give an alternative to dresses, shorts seemed to be making a comeback but we are not talking about denim hot pants here, we are talking about city shorts. Longer and looser than hot pants making the city short easy to wear for day or night. Wear with a tank, hat and heels like at Zoe Jordan for a sporty paired down day chic or with a shirt and jacket for evening sophistication.


Monochrome
L-R Acne, Michael Van der Ham, Topshop Unique, Jasper Conran


Black and white will always be a year round staple for me. It is timeless, effortless but always seems to be the epitome of chicness and can easily be accessorised as you don’t have the worry of ill matching colours and can be brightened with a pair of shoes or bag to give some night-time glamour. Use patterns to give a pop to your outfit or go all out with a monochrome floral patterned suit for some extra pizazz!

What SS13 Trends have you noticed? Which of these Trends do you think you'll be trying?

Emmie xo

2 comments :

  1. The only issue I have with the sheer paneling is that the high street brands always use a cheap fabric, it snags and can be horrid to iron. It is a pain as it always looks so cute :/.

    I surprisingly love the yellow. Very bizarre since I usually steer clear of it, possibly as I have a yellow/olive tone to my skin.

    Great run down x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i agree, high street can make it look cheap horrid and snag so easily. I dont have nearly enough of it in my wardrobe for this reason.

      Yellow is not the best tone for me because of my complexion, unless i go to something like marigold or sunflower yellow i look seriously ill.

      Thanks for your support x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...