Wednesday 5 June 2013

Primrose Bakery


Earlier in the year I mentioned I had set myself challenges for the New Year, my 13 for 2013. Well I had been taking the ‘Learn some new recipes one quite seriously until my college work took over and had been learning some new cupcake recipes. It’s a well-known fact throughout my friends group that I have a very sweet tooth and with a love of baking I figured it was an excellent place to start.
My Nanna brought me a cupcake baking book in January as a late Christmas present called “Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery” and they were quite a different mix from what I had tried before be everyone has come out perfect and absolutely delicious, especially the chocolate cupcakes. So far I have made Vanilla, Earl Grey, Chocolate, Rosewater {which are my work mates’ favourites}, Lemon and the Honey and Granola breakfast cupcakes and been really pleased with my results. So I decided while I was in London a ‘Must Do’ of the trip was to head to come of their bakeries {I chose their Covent Garden Bakery for convenience} and buy a couple of cupcakes to see if my efforts matched their master chefs.
The Store was adorable, everything from the chairs to the décor was sweet and vintage inspired. The girls working there couldn’t be any more helpful and were so patient with me while I umm-ed and aaah-ed over which treat I would take and gave their recommendations of their favourites. Unfortunately on that day they didn’t have any of the ones I’d baked as I’d gone too late in the day and had sold so I decided to try the Red Velvet and Salted Caramel Cupcakes. 

All I can say is they were amazing and I will be making the bakery a regular stop while I am in London, they wrap the take away boxes so sweetly and the atmosphere is so relaxed and friendly for central London. And yes… mine did come out to a good standard so for anyone wishing to start baking I highly recommend their book. The icing isn’t over sweet, the batter not heavy or greasy and the qualities of flavourings just right for the perfect amount of taste.
For more information on Primrose Bakery including addresses to their stores visit their website and to try their recipes buy the book, you won’t regret it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...