Tuesday 5 June 2012

Happy Diamond Jubilee!!

Hope everyone in the UK is enjoying their long weekend. I've been thoroughly enjoying mine, unfortunately I may have caught a cold, so I'm going to try to recover before my holidays. Today i just wanted to share some of my photos of my favorite London moments.


Picnics in the Park, this was taken on the evening of the Royal Wedding, everyone was just chilling out and chatting on St. James Park

The Globe Theatre, so amazing and inspirational, inside and out.

The Gates near The Tower of London

The Tower of London, amazing to walk around and the Crown Jewels are absolutely breathtaking, even if my friend and I were giggling and listening to 'The Thieving Magpie' while looking at them. Unfortunately you may only get that reference if you watched BBC's Sherlock.

Tower Bridge, this view is from inside the walls of the Tower of London.

Trafalgar Square, such a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by.
  
Buckingham Palace, day or night you cannot help but admire how amazing this building is from the outside. One day I will get round to doing a tour of the inside.

The National Theatre, where most of my theatre trips end up. I've lost count of how many plays I've seen here but they are always impressive and/or thought provoking.

The Udder-belly Comedy Festival On South bank last year. My friend had taken me to the National Theatre to see Frankenstien for my birthday and we walked past this. It was part of the festival, a large outdoor beer garden right on south bank.

Covent Garden at Christmas, the vendors, decorations, entertainers and atmosphere are lovely.
  
Covent Garden at Christmas, Magical.

The National Portrait Gallery at Christmas, on Trafalgar Square, it was chilly and deserted but looked so amazing all lit up.

--
The View of Southbank. I love this area of London, so nice to stop at a pub on the river on a walk from Tower Bridge to Westminster for a glass of Pimms and some people watching.

 
Buckingham Palace after the Royal Wedding 29-04-11, such an amazing atmosphere, I'll never forget it.
The London Eye
Me and the Queen, even if she was made of lego and displayed in Hamleys

The Crown (lego) Jewels, do you think they'd mind if I borrowed them?

Hope you enjoy my photos and whatever you are doing today, enjoying yourselves.

Have you ever been to London? What are your favorite places and memories?

Emmie xo



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...