Tuesday 3 September 2013

Darley Park Concert





Every year my hometown has a concert in one of the parks which is completely and utterly free. They play a mixture of classical and modern music, have singers and occasionally the odd minor celebrity come along and 30,000 plus inhabitants and visitors from across the midlands come along, wrap up warm, put down their blankets and picnic the night away. I have been going to Darley Parks’ concert since I was a little girl, it is such a fun and memorable experience and they always have the most amazing firework displays to the point where I would say their fireworks are better than the Bonfire Night fireworks.

This year I went with 2 of my close friends and boy do we know how to picnic, my friend Kay made quiche and strawberry tart, we brought crisps {chips to my American Friends}, sausages, breaded chicken, Schloer {that’s not wine in the glasses} and hot chocolate with marshmallows. It was another incredible year for the concert and luckily stayed clear and rain free all night, we even got blessed with some red clouds at sunset. Perfection.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...